A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any web page. Its usefulness is that the web is able to remember your visit when you return to browse that page. Cookies usually store technical information, personal preferences, content personalization, usage statistics, links to social networks, access to user accounts, etc. The purpose of the cookie is to adapt the content of the website to your profile and needs, without cookies the services offered by any page would be significantly reduced. If you wish to consult more information about what cookies are, what they store, how to delete them, deactivate them, etc., please go to this link.
Types of cookies
There are different types of cookies. They all work the same way, but they have small differences:
a) Session Cookies: Session cookies last only for the duration of your visit and are deleted when you close the browser. Its main purpose is to identify the type of device, support website security or its basic functionality and to ensure that users who write comments on the blog are human and not automated applications. This way you fight spam. They do not contain personal information that allows us to identify a person.
b) Persistent or Permanent Cookies: They are stored on the device’s hard disk and our website reads them every time you make a new visit to www.evaballarin.com has a specific expiration or expiration date, after which the cookie stops working . They allow us to identify your actions and preferences; analyze visits and help us understand how users arrive at our site and improve our services.
c) Functionality Cookies: They allow www.evaballarin.com to remember decisions taken by the user, such as their login or identifier. The information of these cookies collected is anonymized (that is, it does not contain your name, address, or other data).
d) Third Party Cookies: Third-party cookies are the cookies installed by a website that is not the one you are visiting; for example, those used by social networks (such as Facebook) or external content supplements (such as Google Maps). In addition, some advertising companies use these types of files to track your visits on each site where they are advertised. Each social network uses its own cookies so that you can click on buttons of the Like or Share type.
e) Analytical Cookies: These are cookies that have the purpose of periodic maintenance and guarantee the best operation and service to the user; collecting data of your activity. Store cookies to be able to compile statistics on the traffic and volume of visits to this website. By using this website you are consenting to the processing of information about you by Google. Therefore, the exercise of any right in this regard must be done by communicating directly with Google.
Cookies used on this website
a) Session Cookies
- Cookie “PHPSESSID”. This cookie is used by the PHP encryption language to allow session variables to be saved on the web server. This cookies is essential for the operation of the website.
- Cookies “wp-settings-x”, “wp-settings-time-x”, “wordpress_x”, “wordpress_logged_in_x”, “wordpress_test_cookie”. These cookies are used to customize the registered user interface. They have an expiration of 1 year.
b) Analitical Cookies
- Cookie “_ga”. It is an analytical cookie, related to Google Analytics. It stores a unique customer identifier and serves to control unique visits, user data, campaigns … It has an expiration of 2 years.
- Cookie “_gat”. “. It is an analytical cookie, related to Google Analytics. It is used to differentiate between the different tracking objects created in the session. It has an expiration of 10 minutes that is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics.
- Cookie “_gid”. It is an analytical cookie, related to Google Analytics that is used to distinguish users. It lasts 24 hours.
- Cookie “AMP_TOKEN”. This is an analytical cookie, related to Google Analytics and includes a token that can be used to retrieve a customer ID from the AMP customer ID service. It is the analytical part related to the reduced mobile version of each page. It lasts between 30 seconds to 1 year.
c) Functionality Cookies
- Cookies “pum-xxxxxx”. These are used by the popups (suscription and forms) to know when to display the message and remember your choice. Your information is completely anonymous. It lasts for a month.
- Cookie “cdp-cookies-plugin-wp”. ». It is used to display the notice about cookies and remember the user’s choice. Your information is completely anonymous.
- Cookies “gadwp_wg_default_metric”, “gadwp_wg_default_dimension”, “gadwp_wg_default_swmetric”. They are used to retrieve google analytics and display them in the web administration environment. They have a maximum duration of 1 month.
Disabling or deleting cookies
At any time you may exercise your right to deactivate or delete cookies from this website. These actions are performed differently depending on the browser you are using. Here is a quick guide for the most popular browsers.
- Web browsers are the tools responsible for storing cookies and from this place you must exercise your right to delete or deactivate them. Neither this website nor its legal representatives can guarantee the correct or incorrect manipulation of cookies by the aforementioned browsers.
- In some cases it is necessary to install cookies so that the browser does not forget your decision not to accept them.
- In the case of Google Analytics cookies, this company stores cookies on servers located in the United States and undertakes not to share it with third parties, except in cases where it is necessary for the operation of the system or when the law requires such effect. According to Google, it does not save your IP address. Google Inc. is a company adhered to the Safe Harbor Agreement that guarantees that all transferred data will be treated with a level of protection according to European regulations. If you want information about the use that Google gives to cookies we attach this other link.